We all know that there is no lack of talent in the youth of Pakistan, but sometimes a shortage of expenses make some talents steps back. For the purpose to lessen the financial difficulties of students, the higher education commission provides scholarships to the students who really deserve it.
Higher education in Pakistan is expensive to fulfill the study charges and really problematic for some students who belong to poor families. HEC gives grants to maximum universities of Pakistan to help need base students to fulfill their study expenses. This grant covers funds for the Tuition Fee and Stipend expenses. HEC scholarships help to brighten the future of students and brighter their socio-economic status.
PROCESS OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The applications of all potential candidates are reviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC). The committee is headed by the Vice-Chancellor of the participating institution, along with members from the institution as well as external members. This is done to ensure impartiality and transparency.
The ISAC recommends potential candidates to the HEC Scholarship Management Committee (SMC). The committee includes top Executives of HEC, representatives from the participating institutions, and eminent scholars. The SMC undertakes a thorough review before approving eligible cases. After the finalization of the awardees’ list, the participating institutions will forward the funds to the selected students.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution.
- The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
- Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
- Please note that this scholarship program also considers partial scholarships for students already enrolled at the selected university/DAI.
- Please note that under this scholarships scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions.
Terms and Conditions:
- To grant possibilities to proficient however financially disadvantaged college students and empower them to collect excessive satisfactory training at a reputed Public Sector establishments /university.
- Financial help & scholarships are handy for learning about Undergraduate degrees in all disciplines at HEC chosen public area Pakistani universities and diploma awarding institutions.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the taking part organization as per admission coverage of the group and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in monetary want who are already enrolled in taking part establishments are additionally eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her monetary wants as assessed by means of the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The monetary historical past of the family of the applicant will be saved in view in this regard.
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines will be kept open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and the number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D, and other five-year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
- Those students who secure admission on self-finance are not eligible for HEC Need-Based Scholarship Program
The complete application should be sent to relevant Financial Aid Offices where the applicant intends to secure admission.
You can also download
Source: HEC official website