The University of Agriculture Faisalabad is an example of its own which is preparing youngsters for the development of agricultural and allied sciences. According to HEC, it is the second-largest public university in Pakistan. It is also declared on 98th according to NTU and on 139th according to QS rankings. UAF is a learner-centered institution in which students trained for the sake of their own successful future as well as the country’s future. The economy of Pakistan largely dependent on agriculture and most agriculture is based in Punjab province and according to HEC; UAF is ranked as the top university of Pakistan in the agriculture sector.
The University of Agriculture Fsd was previously the Punjab Agricultural College and Research Institute, Lyallpur which was established in 1906. It was upgraded to the University of Agriculture Faisalabad in 1961. It’s further three sub-campuses are present in Dera Ghazi Khan, Toba Teak Singh, and Burewala. University has six faculties and thirty departments in which students nourished and trained under the highest qualified professors.
Here is the complete guide about how to get admissions in UAF for under Graduate programs.
Process of Admissions in BS in UAF
- First of all, for getting admission to UAF in any undergraduate program, candidates must have to appear in the entry test.
- Entry test date is announced every year in the mid of the month of June every year so keep yourself up to date with the UAF notification for the date of the test at http://admissions.uaf.edu.pk.
- Candidates are required to select subjects for the test according to the intermediate test.
- 50% of marks are required to get a pass in the test.
- After the announcement of the date of test candidates must have to appear in test on time, cell phone is not allowed during the test.
- After passing the test with 50% marks students have to submit an on-line application form to proceed next for admission. Then wait for the merit lists.
- Merit will be made with the aggregation of Matric Marks, Intermediate (Part-I) or equivalent examination marks and Entry Test with the ratio of 30:30:40.
- Students can check the merit lists which will be displayed on the notice board of the respective faculty in which he/she getting admission.
- Only those students who get their names in the merit lists will be able to proceed next for the admission and enrolment process.
Process of Enrolment and Fee Submission:
- After finding your name and registration no in merit lists you will be able to proceed for the admission in UAF.
- You have to submit the fee in nearby MCB bank and get the bank challan.
- You required 1.5 x 2″ size photographs with a blue background.
- Four photocopies of original Matric Certificate
- Two photocopies of original Character certificate issued by the principal of School where you have passed matriculation.
- Four photocopies of intermediate result card by your last attended institution.
- A judicial paper worth Rs. 200/- is required for the pronouncement for studies and responsibility for desisting of Politics. this paper is attached to the last page of the prospectus.
- You have to submit a medical fitness certificate only be issued by Medical Officer of a Government Hospital or University’s medical officer, MBBS Practitioner within one month.
Points to be noted during the admission process:
- Downloaded detail marks/result card of Intermediate is not acceptable.
- If DMC submitted instead of the original copy of the Matric certificate, it must require within one year otherwise students will not be allowed to continue studies.
- After fee submission and enrolment process a student can change the degree he only allowed to do this only once.
- The upper age limit is 23 years for admission in any undergraduate program.
UAF offers B.Sc. and B.S 4-years (8 Semesters) programs in the following subjects
B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
B.Sc. (Hons.) Agricultural & Resources Economics
B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Science & Technology
B.Sc. (Hons.) Environmental Science
B.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology
BS (Animal Sciences)
BS (Dairy Science)
B.Sc. (Hons.) Human Nutrition and Dietetics
B.Sc.(Hons.) Home Economics
B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering
B.Sc. Food Engineering
B.Sc. Textile Technology
B.Sc. Energy Systems Engineering
B.Sc. Environmental Engineering
BS (Poultry Science)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration (Agribusiness)
BS (Information Technology)
BS (Computer Science)
BS (Software Engineering)
UAF offers 5-years (10 Semesters) programs in
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Fee For Undergraduate students
B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture 23,100 per semester
B.Sc.(Hons.) Home Economics 23,100 per semester
B.Sc.(Hons.) Human Nutrition & Dietetics 25,850 per Semester
B.Sc. Textile Technology 25,850 per Semester
B.Sc. Agri. Engineering 30,250 per Semester
B.Sc. Food Engineering 30,250 per Semester
B.Sc. Energy Systems Engineering 30,250 per Semester
B.Sc. Environmental Engineering 30,250 per Semester
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) 30,250 per Semester
Bachelor of Business Administration 23,100 per Semester
BS (Bioinformatics) 41,800 per Semester
BS (Computer Science) 41,800 per Semester
BS (Information Technology)41,800 per Semester
BS (Software Engineering)41,800 per Semester
BS (Chemistry) (enhanced fee program)30,0000 per Semester
BS (Biochemistry) (enhanced fee program)30,0000 per Semester
BS (Botany) (enhanced fee program)30,0000 per Semester
BS (Zoology) (enhanced fee program)30,0000 per Semester
BS (Physics) (enhanced fee program) 30,0000 per Semester
B.Sc.(Hons.) Food Science & Technology Total Fee 3,00,000
B.Sc.(Hons.) Agricultural & Resource Economics Total Fee 3,00,000
B.Sc.(Hons.) Environmental Sciences Total Fee 3,00,000
B.Sc.(Hons.) Microbiology Total Fee 4,00,000
BS Animal Sciences Total Fee 4,00,000
BS Dairy Science Total Fee 4,00,000
Note: these charges are only for open merit students
Cmpuses of University of Agriculture Faisalabad
UAF has 3 other campuses made due to provincial demand
- Burewala Campus
- Depalpur Campus
- Toba Tek Singh Campus
Faculties/Departments in UAF
Faculty of Agriculture
Institute of Horticultural Sciences
Institute of Soil and Environmental Sciences
Department of Entomology
Department of Agronomy
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics
Department of Crop Physiology
Department of Plant Pathology
Department of Forestry, Range Management, and Wild Life
Saline Agriculture Research Centre
Centre of Agricultural Biochemistry and Biotechnology (CABB)
Plant Tissue Culture Cell
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering and Technology
National Institute of Food Science and Technology
Institute of Rural Home Economics
Department of Farm Machinery and Power
Department of Irrigation and Drainage
Department of Fiber and Textile Technology
Department of Food Engineering
Department of Structures and Environmental Engineering
Water Management Research Centre (WMRC)
Faculty of Animal Husbandry
Institute of Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics
Department of Livestock Management
Department of Poultry Science
Faculty of Sciences
Department of Botany
Department of Computer Science
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Department of Islamic Studies
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Department of Physics
Department of Social Sciences and Humanities
Department of Zoology and Fisheries
Faculty of Social Sciences
Institute of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Institute of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
Institute of Business Management Sciences
Department of Continuing Education
Department of Rural Sociology
Faculty of Veterinary Science
Institute of Microbiology
Department of Anatomy
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Institute of Physiology, Pharmacology, and Pharmacy
Department of Pathology
Department of Parasitology
Department of Theriogenology
For any query, you can ask in the comment section